Friday, July 2, 2010

For Young Moms and Older Women

For Young Moms and Older Women

A couple of articles from 9Marks’s latest e-journal:

For the Young Mother: Ministry, Guilt, and Seasons of Life
By Jani Ortlund
Young mothers face enormous demands that consume all the energy they have. Here’s why they shouldn’t feel guilty for focusing on the home rather than outside ministry.

Wanted: More Older Women Discipling Younger Women
By Susan Hunt
Titus 2 commands it. Younger women are hungry for it. The church as a whole will benefit from it. So where are the older women who will disciple younger women?

 

  • Resources for Today's Biblical Women

  • Book Review: Radical Womanhood

    Before I was a Christian, I was an angry feminist. I railed against the injustices I saw in the world and wrote impassioned papers about how women needed to free ourselves from oppression, but I didn’t understand true freedom or how we obtain it. Read more >

  • Book Review: Womanly Dominion: More Than a Gentle and Quiet Spirit

    Maureen Dowd, an influential columnist for the New York Times, recently suggested that feminism is not working for women. In a piece entitled “Blue Is the New Black,” published in September 2009, she wrote Read more >

  • 3 comments:

    Christina said...

    Thank you for the resources, brother Shaan!

    Blessings to you!

    Anonymous said...

    Brother Shaan, I can't believe that I just discovered our blog! I have your Heaven's Light website but just found this one.
    Thank you for posting these.
    Blessings be upon you!

    heavenslight said...

    Hey Diane,

    Yes there is quite a bit of info that I have posted here that may or may not be on Heavenslight.org...the archive goes back a few years... I hope you enjoy....

    BTW, this article by Jani Ortlund is really great...

    Blessing to you sis...

     
    Powered by Blogger
    ..